Discover a world of possibilities, read.
Feb 03,2017 | Terri Luckey
The 7 reasons I read and consider it vital:
1. It stretches my imagination: Opening a book is discovering a new world of possibilities.
2. Use it or lose it: It stimulates my brain and that’s as important to me as exercising my body because I don’t want my brain to turn to mush, too.
3. Reading improves vocabulary. Huh? Duh? What? Excuse me? Ever say something like this when someone used a term you weren’t familiar with. I have. But reading means I use those terms a lot less.
4. It helps build empathy. Have you met my husband? I need empathy to deal with him and other people in my life. 🙂
5. Reading relaxes the body and calms the mind. Again have you met my husband? It could be dangerous for him if I didn’t read.
6. Cheap Entertainment: I go to the library, used bookstores, and peruse the kindle bargains to get hours of entertainment I can take anywhere at very little cost.
7. To learn from reading. There are a lot of things I don’t know much about, but reading a book, an article, or a recipe helps me expand my knowledge and come off as an idiot a little less.
So discover a new world of possibility. Crack open a book today.
Book one of the Kayndo series is only 99¢ on Kindle or Nook now.
Click on the book to go to Amazon.
Do you like to read? Why? Leave me a comment below and let me know.